Friday, May 29, 2020

Determination in love


Image by Bhakti Kulmala from Pixabay

I love Ruth. I was thinking wouldn't it be so great if we all had a Ruth in our lives? Someone who loved us so much; someone who was so determined to be with us all the days of our lives? But then I thought, wouldn't it really be awesome if we were all like Ruth? To be that person for our loved ones? And then, it occurred to me, Ruth is being Christlike here. She is showing her undying love to Naomi just as Christ shows His undying love to us. He never leaves us. He is with us through everything. He gives us hope just as I'm sure Ruth gave hope to Naomi.

But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. 
For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. 
Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. 
Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. 
May the Lord do so to me and more also if anything 
but death parts me from you.” 
And when Naomi saw that she was determined to go with her, 
she said no more.
Ruth 1:16-18 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the determination needed to do what God calls us to do. Let's pray for the faith needed to hear His voice and follow Him without question.
 
I'll post daily reminders on:


No comments:

Post a Comment