Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Will you be my neighbor?


I did a 4-day devotional on the YouVersion app about Fred Rogers. I never got the connection that he was teaching us how to be Christlike, how to be image-bearers. I didn't understand that he was "repairing creation" by using his talents and television show to "make goodness attractive."
     His theology was, "love your neighbor as yourself." Thus, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, and "Hello, neighbor." So many aha moments going through the devotional; I wish I could share them all, but that would be copying. He was such a special man, and I'm truly inspired by him and his love for Christ and how he used his talents to share Christ with so many.
     We can show others how to be Christlike by example. Let's pray for the ability to love our neighbors (everyone we meet) as ourselves and for them to see Christ in us.

And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart 
and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, 
and your neighbor as yourself.”
Luke 10:27 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for everyone to treat each other with kindness. Let's pray for patience, understanding, and love toward one another. Let's also pray for hearts to be softened, and for salvation for the unsaved.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment