Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Life of discontent

 Image by Leroy Skalstad from Pixabay

In yesterday's post, I want to clarify that it's understandable for someone who's poor to focus on money. In our society, it's extremely difficult to get by without it. What happened though, with my husband and me, was that inability to be satisfied with what we did have.
     I can't help but put a lot of the blame on him, my husband because he couldn't hold down a job, yet he loved to shop. My part in the blame was trying to make it so that he could have everything he wanted. I'm the one who allowed us to get buried in debt. If I hadn't been afraid to stand up to him, I would have shown him our income and our expenses and I should have left it to him to work out. If hindsight were foresight..., and woulda, shoulda, coulda...
     All of that is in the past and he's gone now so I hate to blame him, but I also want any who read this to know I understand the struggles of being poor. However, now I know that had I put forth as much effort in prayer as I put into finding ways to make more money, and had I paid tithes and helped those less fortunate than myself, that God would've helped me. He would have guided me, encouraged me, shown me the way. I never ever asked Him. I quit praying years before that and just basically tried to live my life without Him. That's exactly the same time that my life turned around for the worse.
     Because I was saved, He did help me, though; I didn't realize it was Him, at the time. God dug us out of debt several times and helped us get back on our feet, but since we didn't seek His direction, we just kept making the same mistakes over and over again.
     It wasn't until I reconnected with God and turned my focus on Him that my life turned around for the better.

Keep your life free from love of money, 
and be content with what you have, f
or he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who put the love of money above their love of Jesus. Let's pray that their eyes are opened to how it separates them from God. May they see that money cannot provide the peace and joy that knowing Christ can. Money doesn't fill that void inside of us. The Holy Spirit does.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible  #money #idols #evil #faith






No comments:

Post a Comment