Monday, October 26, 2020

This present darkness

 Image by David Mark from Pixabay

It's Sunday night and I'm "preparing" for a colonoscopy (if you get my drift) Monday morning. I've also spent the last several hours researching the Bible for topics for this week that I wanted to do. Absolutely nothing was coming to me as far as who or what we would be praying for exactly, just these miscellaneous topics. 
     Finally, I gave in, relinquished command, and asked God what He wanted us to pray for and it all just came pouring in...the words are flowing, the bible verses make perfect sense; you'd think I'd learn by now to just check in with God first on all matters, all decisions, but no - I have to try to do things my way.
     Thankfully, He is a loving Father, full of goodness and grace and He waits for me to come around. This week we'll be praying for those who are overcome in spiritual warfare. It may be someone who's struggling with sin, a vice such as drinking, or it may be someone who's drowning in self-doubt about their salvation. It could be someone who's enduring a bad relationship because Satan has put a wedge between them and closed the lines of communication. Whatever it is, they need our prayers. If you can't think of anyone right now, pray for the ones going through this whom you don't know, and for the people in my three examples; they represent friends and acquaintances.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:12 ESV 

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are battling spiritual forces of evil. Let's pray that our Father gives them strength and encouragement to fight the fight. Pray that they persevere. Let's also pray that they come out victorious and conquer the demons who torment them.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #battle #spiritual #warfare #evil

No comments:

Post a Comment