Friday, February 5, 2021

Are you deceived?

 Image by Duy Cường Nguyễn from Pixabay

We had an absolutely awesome discussion last night at women's group! I am so thankful for these Sisters in Christ and their openness and honesty. I'm thankful for their stories and thoughts and beliefs. Our topic was God's love. In that discussion, I shared something that made me think of our topic here this week. 
     I have lost so many people in the past twelve months, brothers and sisters in Christ, and now this week, I lost a dear, sweet cousin. Clearly, God is calling His children home, but with each one, I get a little more despondent. I try to rest in the knowledge that they're in Heaven, they're with Christ. They're no longer in pain. But, my selfish heart can't help but ask God, "Why? Why so many? I prayed for each one so hard. Did You not hear me? How many more are You going to take?"
     I feel defeated, like why even bother to pray? I feel like that, yet I'm still having a constant conversation with Him. After all, He's my Father, my Confidant, and even my Friend. He's the only One who truly gets me. He's seen me at my worst and yet, continues to love me. At some point in the conversation yesterday morning, He gave me a sign and I knew He was listening to me and my concerns and my struggles. Without even thinking, I immediately changed the conversation to one of praise and worship. A burden was lifted from me and I felt lighter and at peace. It was then that I realized, I had been deceived by Satan. Satan had been pulling me down, making me question God's sovereignty and His will. It's so easy to get pulled away from Jesus in times of hardship because that's when Satan has an easy in. He fills our minds with doubt. 
     I'm so thankful that God didn't let me linger in that deception, that He let me know that He heard me and will always hear my prayers. I have to continue to understand that even if He doesn't give me the answers I want, He does hear me. He knows the big picture and I don't. Everything works to His plan, so don't let Satan fill you with doubt whenever things don't go your way. God loves you.
 
But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
2 Corinthians 11:3 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are deceived. Let's pray for God to give them (and us) wisdom and discernment and to guard them (and us) against false teaching. Let's also pray for God to change the hearts of the false teachers and burden them to share truth. Also, pray for God's encouragement and guidance for us to know and share truth with those who are deceived and to help us speak with conviction when we share His word.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #prosperitygospel #deception #lies #truth #discernment


No comments:

Post a Comment