Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Start the conversation

 Image by slightly_different from Pixabay

One more thing I can share from experience is if your young person is suicidal, try taking them to the ER, not the Children's hospital ER. Maybe it was just an isolated incident, but I don't feel like a loved one got the same attention at Children's for mental health (he did for physical issues) that another loved one got at a hospital ER.
     Also, please don't give up trying to talk to your children about this very important topic. I know it's frustrating. Here's an article about having those types of conversations. Click here.

Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.
Psalm 42:11 NKJV

Yesterday's post: Teen suicide
Resources:
National Hopeline Network: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784 2433)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline’s website suicidepreventionlifeline.org.


*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are contemplating suicide. Let's pray that our Father in Heaven lighten their burdens and allow them to see that there is hope in Him. Pray that they seek help. Pray that they will feel the presence of the Holy Spirit and be comforted.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #teen #suicide #pandemic #isolation #depression #BeThere

No comments:

Post a Comment