Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Reap what you sow

 Image by JackieLou DL from Pixabay
There's actually a whole lot in the bible about deception. These two verses, I believe, go along with what I was talking about yesterday as far as the prosperity gospel and the false prophets. Our treasures are not monetary. Our true treasures are not here; they're in the next life.
     One "joke" (or meme, or truth) circulating is: 'You never see a UHaul hitched to the back of a hearse.' As one who is constantly dealing with my "stuff", it really hits home how futile it is. I've been downsizing for 7 years, and still counting, realizing that all of the things I've been clinging to for the past couple of decades aren't memorabilia if I don't remember I have them.

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
Galatians 6:7-8 ESV

Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out.
Proverbs 10:9 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are deceived. Let's pray for God to give them (and us) wisdom and discernment and to guard them (and us) against false teaching. Let's also pray for God to change the hearts of the false teachers and burden them to share truth. Also, pray for God's encouragement and guidance for us to know and share truth with those who are deceived and to help us speak with conviction when we share His word.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #prosperitygospel #deception #lies #truth

No comments:

Post a Comment