Friday, February 12, 2021

Everything Has Its Time

 What do you see?
Image by Ajay kumar Singh from Pixabay

I just love the above image by Ajay kumar Singh, so I wanted to find a place for it here.* It's titled "Love Our Planet" but I get so much more out of it than that. I see that we're just visitors on this planet and in this life; in essence, we're just passing through on our way to our eternal home. I see the vastness of God's creation and how small we are in comparison. I see that He made the stars and planets and mountains and fields for our enjoyment; so that we can see His presence, His majesty and power and glory all around us, every single day. I see that He made light and darkness to show us the polarity of good and evil.
     All of this made me think of God's Sovereignty over all things and His perfect timing. And that, made me think of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, which in 'turn' (pun --->) made me think of "Turn, Turn, Turn" by The Byrds. Below, you'll find a video with the bible references as subtitles. 

To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;
A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
A time to love,
And a time to hate;
A time of war,
And a time of peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

*I downloaded it from a free (& royalty-free) image sharing website, Pixabay. 

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are grieving the loss of a loved one. May they find comfort in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and may they rest in God's sovereignty over all things.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #grief #time #sovereignty #GodsPlan #planet #universe

No comments:

Post a Comment