Sunday, February 21, 2021

You are loved

 

God our Father loves us more than we can ever know or understand. Why else would He send His only precious Son to bear His wrath for our sins?!
     While I couldn't find anything in the Bible about self-love as a good thing, I found plenty in there about our worth in God's eyes, how He loves us and protects us, and how He has a plan for us. All of these things are revealed over and over again in the Bible. If God our Creator can love us like that, and forgive us of our sins, then who are we to say that "He can't possibly love me"? Who are we to say that even though we've asked for forgiveness from Him, "I know God forgives me, but I just can't forgive myself"?
     We need to love ourselves enough to form healthy relationships with one another. We need to love ourselves enough to seek Him continually and grow in wisdom and know truth. We need to love ourselves enough to take care of these earthly bodies because they house the Holy Spirit, they are images of God. Our bodies and words and actions are pathways between the unbelievers and salvation.

Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you,
peoples in exchange for your life.
Isaiah 43:4 ESV (Please read Isaiah 43:1-21)

Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
Matthew 10:29-31

For you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians 6:20 ESV

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for our individual selves and for us as the collective Church. May we realize our worth and responsibilities as children of God, being created in His image. May we go to Him even in the midst of our guilt and shame so that He may forgive us of our sins, help us to be more Christlike, and grow in our faith and obedience.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #selflove #self #shame #guilt #selfesteem #neighbor

No comments:

Post a Comment