Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Grieving

 Image by Andrew Martin from Pixabay

I'm sure I've talked about the 5 stages of grief before: Denial, Anger, Depression, Bargaining, and Acceptance. Other models are out there, one that includes Shock and Testing, and one that's diagramed below.
By Rebestalic - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=87759815

But, I came across this quote that I think is the best theory of all:

“There are really only two stages of grief, ... who you were before and who you are after.”
Ted Rynearson

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18 ESV

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Psalm 147:3 ESV

See also: 

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are grieving the loss of a loved one. May they find comfort in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and may they rest in God's sovereignty over all things.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #grief #death #comfort #mercy #covid-19 #disease


No comments:

Post a Comment