Monday, April 12, 2021

Entertain Angels

 Image by utroja0 from Pixabay

When I think of hospitality in the Bible, I think of when Jesus sent out the twelve; they didn't need to take anything with them; all of their needs would be provided for by others on their journey (paraphrasing Matthew 10:9-10). I also think of Hebrews 13:2 (NKJV) "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels." This is exactly what happened with Abraham (Genesis 18:1-8) and then, subsequently, with Lot (Genesis 19:1-3).
     I think about these things and understand how important that level of hospitality is throughout the Bible, yet, in present times, we cannot serve in that same capacity. To take in strangers off the street means putting our lives, and the lives of our family members at risk. So I decided to look at how we can as present-day Christians, be hospitable.
     What I realized was that taking in strangers was just a part of it. There's a lot we can do to fulfill this command and still have the possibility, or the chance to entertain angels.

(Stay tuned).

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the strangers that we have opportunities to serve. Pray that the Lord will guide us and that the Holy Spirit will prompt us to do His will in being hospitable. Pray for an open and loving heart so that we can show and spread the light within us to everyone we meet.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #hospitality #love #angels

No comments:

Post a Comment