Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Don't be deceived

 

Do you ever find yourself mimicking the jargon or gestures of those you spend the most time with? I'm really susceptible to that. A woman I work with tells stories and partway through, she'll say, "blah, blah, blah" and then wrap it up. I found myself doing the same thing. When I realized it, I had to make a conscious effort to stop, not because there's anything wrong with it, but because it's so obvious.
     You can see this with phrases that crop up...the whole "literally" craze drove me insane. It was especially irritating because my boss overused the word and used it incorrectly. He would say "literally" when he really meant "figuratively". He would say "almost literally" - that's just impossible and wrong on so many levels. Anyway, it "literally" drove me crazy, and I told him so on several occasions.
     Then there are the "reach out" and "in this season" trends (among others) which aren't nearly as irritating (to me) because they actually make sense. My point is, we pick up on language and gestures without realizing it and so how easy is it to pick up on bad habits, to slip back into pre-salvation ways of living when we're constantly around people who do those things? It's the perfect situation for Satan to fill us with conflict, discouragement, doubt; to draw us into him and away from Christ. Not that we can lose our salvation, or that he can take us out of the hand of Christ, but he can dim our light so that we don't shine as brightly as Christians (in my opinion).
     It all seems to come back to the Full Armor of God. I didn't know that's where today's post was going to conclude, but here we are again. When we know we're going into that battle every day, we need to make a conscious effort to don that armour.

Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”
1 Corinthians 15:33 ESV

Be in prayer for:
B
L
J
K
T
S
C
They are all experiencing high levels of stress at work because of various situations. If there's anyone you would like to add to the list, please let me know.

You may also like: "Just Say No" from this past January

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are dealing with stressful situations at their workplace. Please pray that they may find resolutions to their specific situations, that they find peace through prayer, and that their workplace no longer be a source of overwhelming stress and/or depression. Please pray that they find strength in the Lord.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #work #job #stress #coworkers #anxiety #depression #influence #prayer #peace




No comments:

Post a Comment