Thursday, April 1, 2021

Your will, not mine

 Image by LoggaWiggler from Pixabay

I thought I was finished with the donkey-related posts, but this came to me this morning in between hitting the snooze button: Jesus rode into Jerusalem on what we call the 'beast of burden' at a time when His own burden must have been overwhelming!
     How often do we feel the burden that God has given us to do for Him and tried to excuse our way out of it? When Jesus prayed “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me;..." He also said, "nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” (Matthew 26:39 ESV).
     Our burdens are laughingly small compared to Jesus' yet we still make excuses, procrastinate, and sometimes don't even do what God has asked of us. Next time I start to tell God, "I can't" or "Later", I'm going to remember that Jesus said, "Your will, not Mine," and I'm going to respond, "Your will, not mine."
     Praise be to God for making a way for sinners like me!

***

Today is Maundy-Thursday. See last year's post for the significance of this day...
"Maundy"  is Latin for "command" and is associated with the command that Jesus gave His disciples at the Last Supper to love others as He loved them...




*********
Please join me during this Holy Week in praising our Lord and Savior, and thanking Him and our Father for the sacrifice they endured for each and every one of us.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @7DegreesOfMe <--- recently changed
Pinterest Prayer Group #7thHourPrayerPower
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #ResurrectionSunday #Easter #colt #mare #donkey #symbolism #peace #sacrifice

No comments:

Post a Comment