Thursday, April 29, 2021

Verbal abuse at work

 Image by Pexels from Pixabay
Not all supervisors are in their position because of their people skills. Numerous people have talked to me about situations at work where they don't feel like they can ask questions because their supervisor makes them feel stupid, or shames them for not already knowing the answer. They feel belittled and humiliated. 
     The result from this is that they don't ask questions, therefore they have trouble doing their job, which creates more stress. In my book, this is abuse. 
     I've had to deal with this myself in the past and just dealt with it like I dealt with the verbal and emotional abuse from my first husband. I would preface questions with, "I'm sorry, but..." or I would put myself down before the other person could do it, "I don't know why I still can't do this but..." That kind of negative self-talk did almost as much damage as the abusive language from others which I was trying to avoid. 
     Then, someone told me they would pray that the heart of the abuser, aka the supervisor, would be softened. I never thought to do that before. It made a huge difference. I started including that in my daily prayers and it just helped. At first, I felt like I needed strength to pray this, that I needed help in humbling myself to pray for people who I felt were causing me harm, but I'm so glad that I did. 
     I'm praying this prayer for you and your specific situations and encourage you to pray for your supervisors, managers, bosses, coworkers. 
Humble yourselves, therefore, 
under the mighty hand of God 
so that at the proper time he may exalt you,
1 Peter 5:6 ESV

Let God handle the battles. We need to fight the battle on our knees. (See video below). Give it all up to Him.

Be in prayer for:
G
K
S
W
B
L
J
K
T
S
C
They are all experiencing high levels of stress at work because of various situations. If there's anyone you would like to add to the list, please let me know.


You may also like: "The Power of Words" from February 25, 2019

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are dealing with stressful situations at their workplace. Please pray that they may find resolutions to their specific situations, that they find peace through prayer, and that their workplace no longer be a source of overwhelming stress and/or depression. Please pray that they find strength in the Lord.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #work #job #stress #verbalabuse #anxiety #depression #prayer #boss #supervisor #negativeselftalk #blog #blogpost #blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment