Monday, April 19, 2021

I lost the battle but not the war

Whenever I am all in for God, completely consumed with doing His will for me, trying desperately to be a "good" Christian, Satan always steps in and tries to tear me down. I must have really been on track with my faith and my works because this past week has been a horrendous spiritual battle.
     Everything that I felt called to do, everything that I'm on fire for has one by one been under attack by people who I looked up to. 
     I'm reminded of how Satan deceived Eve. He cast doubt. He made the fruit look so appealing that she gave into temptation. He's still using those methods on us today.
     Yesterday I hit rock bottom. Satan preyed on something that is like an exposed nerve of mine. I don't mean to be vague, it's just that if I try to explain it, it won't make any sense anyway. The result was I had a meltdown; the things I yelled at God, my thoughts, ... I even told Satan, "Fine, you win! Now leave me alone!" 
     After a while, I calmed down enough to keep from doing anything drastic (because I was really considering drastic measures (non-violent, of course)). Anything I did or said in that state of emotion would have made me look very non-Christian.
     I started reading my Bible. My husband came home from church and we talked about it. I apologized to God. Maybe this was a test. If it was, I failed miserably. But, I'm not going to beat myself up about it because even Peter failed once in a while.
     We need to always be prepared for spiritual warfare. We need to be prepared to fight everything Satan can and will throw at us. He knows how to strike a nerve. He knows what we most hate, what we most fear, what we most dread and he will use those things against us. His whole purpose in life is to bring himself glory by taking it away from the one, true, living God.
     Be prepared. Don't fail. If you do fail like I did, brush yourself off, clean up your armour and jump right back into the battle.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Ephesians 6:10-13 NKJV

Are you ready for battle?

*********
Please join me this week in praying for all Christians, with a special emphasis on those who are heavily involved in spiritual warfare. Pray that they recognize it for what it is and don't give in to Satan's ploys or deceptions. Pray for strength, wisdom, and guidance. Pray that they get through the battle, shielded with the full armour of God and come out triumphant. Pray that they know God's will for their lives and that they keep their focus on Him alone.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerse #bible #SpiritualWarfare #GodsWill #Satan #battle #ArmorOfGod #Christian #Ephesians #blog #blogpost #blogger
 

No comments:

Post a Comment