Monday, April 29, 2019

Be patient with each other

Image by DomenicBlair from Pixabay
The Bible speaks of patience in several different contexts. Colossians 3 speaks about being patient with one another. I often make the mistake of losing patience with people who don't handle a situation the way I would, and I'm sure there are those who lose patience with me, also. This mostly happens at work when clients try to push me to finish their project first, or when someone tries to unload their anxiety onto me. My reaction is usually one of being short with the person, and then afterward I feel bad for how I reacted. It's a good quality to be able to have the patience and understanding from the start to think how that person feels, and what they're going through before reacting. I believe that patience illustrates compassion, love, and a Christian heart.

Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, 
compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, 
bearing with one another and, 
if one has a complaint against another, 
forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, 
so you also must forgive.
Colossians 3:12-13 ESV

*****
Let's pray for someone we know who lacks patience (this may mean including yourself in your prayer). I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27

facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment