Monday, April 8, 2019

Help for financial problems

Image by Steve Buissinne from Pixabay
I found out that the Bible talks about money over 800 times! Since this is the week before Tax Day and since I know several people who are dealing with financial problems, I thought this would be the perfect topic for this week's prayers. Since money is discussed so many times, it will probably be difficult to choose just 7 bible verses, but God will lead me to share the ones that touch the most lives.

The Bible Verse that comes up first in my research is Philippians 4:19 ESV
And my God will supply every need of yours 
according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

God takes care of His children. We just need to ask. I tend to not pray about money because I feel like that's on me; maybe I wasted it on eating out, or I didn't budget well, or I didn't work as many hours as I could have, but really,  all of that can be part of our prayers. Ask God for help in managing your money. Ask Him for strength not to waste money. Ask Him for guidance as to how to allocate income in a way that brings glory to Him. Money itself isn't evil, however, the love of money is evil. Don't let it consume you.
*****
Let's pray for someone we know who is having financial problems. I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment