Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Seen or unseen

Image by Arek Socha from Pixabay
I've read these verses several times over the years but still, this morning got something different from them. It probably has to do with reading scripture in light of what's happening in life at this moment. That's how we find answers to life's questions. God reveals Himself through His word.

Therefore we do not lose heart. 
Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory 
that far outweighs them all. 
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, 
since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"what is seen is temporary..." This makes me think of the past and the present. What's already happened is in the past; it's gone and we can't get it back, but there are times I long to go back in time and take a different path only to realize that a different path would alter so much more than the one thing I want to change. I need to let the past go and the events and decisions. Whatever choices I made back then or even just moments ago, God used to set me on the right path - the path that leads to Him and to my purpose in life.

"what is unseen is eternal..." The future is timeless. Christians have (literally) forever. We may shed this body today or tomorrow but we will live on. Instead of dreading or being anxious about the future, the unknown or unseen, we can delight in knowing that we're doing what we're supposed to be doing and that God will guide our way if we ask.

So, change or moving on doesn't have to be looked at with trepidation. It can be a wondrous opportunity that God has presented to us which is for His purpose.

My life verse is a reminder to leave it up to Him and not to worry about what choices I make if I make those choices by consulting Him first.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Let's pray for someone we know who is facing a life change, moving on, or moving forward. I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment