Thursday, April 4, 2019

Work to live

Image by hudhummy from Pixabay
I always get this saying mixed up..."work to live instead of live to work" is the correct saying.
     We are supposed to work if we're able. Exodus 20:9 says: "Six days you shall labor and do all your work," (I won't get into the Sabbath discussion). So, God intends for us to work in order to live but we weren't put here only to work. I also look at it as there are some people who do their job only because it pays the bills. They don't like their jobs but in some instances, it allows them enough money to do the things they do love to do.
     However, if there's a way for you to enjoy your job and earn enough money to pay your bills, that would be ideal. Think how much happier we would all be. You just need to ask God where He wants you to be. Pray about it. I can't stress this enough.
     I'm one of those people who believe when one door closes, another opens; that God will guide me to do His will. I believe in what Matthew 7:7-8 tells me: "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." 
     Go ahead. Ask. See what happens. I bet it is amazing!

*****
Let's pray for someone we know who is unhappy with their job. I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment