Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Watch your money grow

Image by Nattanan Kanchanaprat from Pixabay
     I found this photo and it reminded me of my previous church. The people there were always very encouraging especially to someone like me who didn't feel nearly as knowledgable, Biblically, as they all seemed to be. They would always say that "We're planting seeds." We may never see the result of what we share with others, either verbally, or financially, but we can be confident that God is using us to plant seeds in non-believers. Over time, those seeds will take root and then sprout leaves which stretch upward toward the Son.
     Admittedly, it took some time for me to begin tithing a full 10%. (The word "tithe" means "ten percent of annual earnings"). I had spent most of my adult life drowning in debt and ten percent seemed like such an undoable goal, but eventually, it became easy. It seemed like the more I gave, the more I received in return (not that that's a reason to tithe - I'm not a believer in Joel Olsteen theology). Just as it says in Malachi 3:10:
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, 
that there may be food in my house. 
Test me in this,’ says the LORD Almighty, 
“and see if I will not throw open the floodgates 
of heaven and pour out so much 
blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”

     We don't have to worry about money, because God takes care of His children. The most impressive example of this is the story of George Mueller. He established several orphanages in England during the early 1800s and never asked anyone for any money. He prayed every day for God to take care of their needs, and He did. People would show up and say that they were moved to donate some money, or bread, or building materials...whatever was needed was always provided. If you haven't read his story, you really must. It will expand your faith, even more, to read about how God really does take care of us. But, we have to have faith.
     The two people I was praying for this week who are going through financial hardships both received word that things were set in place to help them out. It was a complete miracle! I really hope that you are seeing the fruits of your prayer life. It just moves me to tears over and over again (tears of awe and of joy, that is).
*****
Let's pray for someone we know who is having financial problems. I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


No comments:

Post a Comment