Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Seek Faith

Image by hollylmonahan from Pixabay
Think of all of the people in the Old Testament who communicated and interacted directly with God.
Now think of all of the people in the Old Testament who, even though they knew without a doubt that God existed, they still disobeyed. It's the same group of people: Adam and Eve's fall, Cain killed Abel, the people of the Exodus made a golden idol and complained constantly, and still, God took them to the promised land. When they got there, the majority of them didn't have faith that God would deliver the land to them.
Can you imagine doing these things in the presence of God?
Yet we, too, stand in the presence of God and blatantly disobey every single day. How can we who do have faith in Him testify to those who don't?
I believe it's our sinful nature that allows us to show the world the true meaning of the Gospel. We're human. We sin and make mistakes, yet we believe that God forgives us because of the sacrifice Jesus made for all of us on the cross. God loves to see our faith in Him. It's not enough to say "I believe". We have to surrender to Him completely and put our lives in His hands.
I've learned this the hard way. Whenever I try to act on my own, things don't go well. I'm now starting to learn to take everything to Him in prayer and ask for His will to be done, not mine. I ask Him what should I do about this situation or that and I am learning to wait patiently for the answer.
Sadly, it's not only non-believers who lack faith, but many believers seem to, also.

And without faith it is impossible to please him, 
for whoever would draw near to God 
must believe that he exists and 
that he rewards those who seek him.
Hebrews 11:6 ESV

*****
Please join me this week in praying for someone who lacks faith. Ask God also for the opportunity, words, courage to share the Good News with that person(s).
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment