Friday, November 1, 2019

The real enemy

It never fails that when I start to try to improve myself to be a better image-bearer for Christ that the real enemy comes after me with a vengeance. He tries to distract me from my purpose with either something shiny (like new material possessions) or with insignificant but completely frustrating trials. This week he used both tactics. That's how I know I'm on the right path, though. For him to put so much effort in me, I feel like I'm leveling up, so to speak, in my ambition to become the person Christ wants me to be. I get goosebumps thinking about it!
     How's your week in prayer going so far? I can tell a real difference at work. With me changing my attitude, and praying for both of us, and trying to find likable aspects in the other person, we have been getting along better, even talking a little bit and it's just been an amazing transformation. I pray that you are seeing changes in your own life. The power of prayer is just so amazing! I honestly cannot understand why everyone doesn't pray.
     I found the above image on Pixabay; it was created by Joan Cabras. I know I give credit on the photo's properties but feel like it needs to be included in the body of text here, also because this took some thought. I've said this before, but it continues to amaze me: the outcry for tolerance in this country is almost deafening, yet those same people spread hate and shame others, and are extremely judgmental. They're nearly impossible to deal with because they talk out of both sides of their mouths. So, even though it isn't January 1st (we can make resolutions at any time of the year after all), I thought we could meditate on these things in our pursuit of loving everyone.
1. Delete hate
2. Practice tolerance
3. Demand wisdom
4. Remember compassion/empathy
5. Replace fear with love

Beloved, let us love one another, 
for love is from God, 
and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
1 John 4:7 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for guidance, strength, wisdom, and courage for each of us to love everyone as Jesus commands us.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


No comments:

Post a Comment