Sunday, November 3, 2019

You shall be perfect

As we wrap up this week of praying for the will and strength and encouragement to love our enemies, I just want to say that I hope it has turned your life around as it has mine. It really wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be because I had God's help. This has also reinforced in me the desire to pray about everything. I don't need to make difficult decisions on my own. I don't need to go through life blindly. God is there for me and with me always. Let's lean on Him together and see where He takes us <3
     I need to add though, that while this has been an absolutely amazing week spiritually and for seeing God work through me, it has been an extremely difficult week as I said earlier. The enemy has been after me every single day. He fills me with doubt. He distracts me by filling my daily life with insignificant trials and tribulations. I confess that I've had to resort to taking an anti-anxiety pill a few times because it's gotten so bad. But most of the time I've been able to just breathe deeply, step away from the situation, pray and/or read God's word, and I get through it. Remember that there's always a spiritual battle going on, but you will be triumphant because you belong to Christ.

Remember this:
“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
Matthew 22:36-40 NKJV

For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors* do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors* do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.**
Matthew 5:46-48

*Back then, tax collectors were the ultimate bad guys.
** I can't imagine being perfect, but if Jesus wants me to work on it, I will. No one is without sin, except Jesus, but we can work toward having His attributes.

*********
Please join me this week in praying for guidance, strength, wisdom, and courage for each of us to love everyone as Jesus commands us.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment