Sunday, January 17, 2021

Be happy

 Image by Pexels from Pixabay
I really don't like living for the weekend, especially since time flies by too fast, as it is. However, this week, I was looking forward to the weekend because I just needed time to veg out and recuperate from the work-stress.
     All week, I listened to K-Love for support and encouragement and to keep my focus on God. One of the DJs shared an anecdote - I don't remember the details, but what she was sharing was that often we say, "I'll be happy when..." So, I'll be happy when the pandemic is over," or "I'll be happy when I've lost weight," or whatever you're going through that you feel is keeping you from being happy right now. But what if we change that thinking to, "I'll be happy even though...?" So, "I'll be happy even though we're living through a pandemic," "I'll be happy even though I need to lose weight," etc.
     That just really hit me, because, you know, it's always going to be something. We have God on our side! Our focus should always be on Him. I've noticed that when I'm really, truly focused on Him and what He wants me to do, none of that other stuff even matters. When I'm all in for God, my heart is on fire, and it's filled with love and pure joy!
     So, remember to be happy "even though" instead of "when."

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, 
for when he has stood the test 
he will receive the crown of life, 
which God has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in heartfelt prayer for whatever is weighing heavily on your soul.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #peace #love #bekind #patience

No comments:

Post a Comment