Sunday, January 31, 2021

Self-proclaimed judge and jury

 Image by Okan Caliskan from Pixabay

How did your week go? If it was anything like mine, it was full of ups and downs, triumphs and failures. The closer we draw to Jesus, the more Satan tries to pull us away. He uses whatever means possible to distract us. 
     My sin that God showed me was anger, resentment, contempt, and internal rage toward a person whom I view as evil. I was judging this person. My feelings toward him darkened my heart. You would not believe how many bible verses showed up in my various feeds about light and darkness. Since I was praying about this all week, and asking God for help, He was sending me messages of hope and inspiration through these verses.
     Whenever those sinful feelings began to resurface, or things went badly and I felt myself being pulled back into the darkness, I was able to recognize it as the work of the devil, and each time I told him, "No! Go away!" And he did!
     It's not my place to judge others. I'm a sinner, the same as everybody else. I will leave judgment up to God, and when I can't, I'll pray for help.

Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 
Romans 2:1* NKJV
*I wanted to post Romans 2:1-29, but that seemed a bit much. So, I urge you to take a few minutes and read it on your own.

*********
Please join me this week in praying for God to show each of us our sin. Then, ask for His wisdom and guidance to overcome that sin. Pray that He humbles us to acknowledge our sinful nature and our shortcomings, so that we can become more Christlike and better image-bearers to those God brings into our lives. Finally, let's pray that we have open hearts, softened hearts in order to not condemn others. Ask God how you can help others instead of judging and walking away.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #sin #confess #forgiveness #judge #judgment #love #salvation


No comments:

Post a Comment