Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Lean on Him

 

Yesterday was awful, but I have to smile a little knowing that it's because I've stung Satan with my renewed vow to break free from him. This happens every time I recognize his grip on me. Yesterday I prayed a lot more often and specifically for a softened heart and for grace and patience and love. As a result, he threw things in my path, one after another that built on each other throughout the day until finally, I was so angry and frustrated that I was lashing out at people - well, I guess I don't really "lash out", but I wasn't talkative or engaging. Still, it was a day of spiritual warfare.
     Once I got away from the office, though, I was able to recognize it as what it was and prayed for wisdom and guidance. I continued my prayers for a softened heart and patience. By the time I got home, I was feeling more at peace.
     God is good. He listens. He loves us. Take everything to Him in prayer. My life verse seems to keep popping up everywhere from push notifications to social media, so I'll share it again:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in heart-felt prayer for whatever is weighing heavily on your soul.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #peace #love #bekind #patience

No comments:

Post a Comment