Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Self-condemnation

 Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

How did it go yesterday? For me it was really difficult. I posted an update...in case you didn't see it:
I realized after praying this and God answering, that my next prayer was "How do I overcome this sin?" followed by, "Lord, please give me the wisdom and the heart to let go of this sin. Please guide me and free me of it."
     That helped a lot. Still, it was a day of looking inward and trying to work on my sinful nature which is difficult to face and own up to. Before that prayer, I was getting swallowed up in the shame and guilt. It was pulling me down a path that I didn't need to be on, one that (more than likely) was Satan using that opportunity to make me feel helpless and unable to overcome my sin (thus, the photo above).
     My personal opinion is that God doesn't want us to dwell on our sin or feel guilty or shameful. He wants us to come to Him with it, ask forgiveness, ask for help to overcome it.
 
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, 
but in order that the world might be saved through him.
John 3:17 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for God to show each of us our sin. Then, ask for His wisdom and guidance to overcome that sin. Pray that He humbles us to acknowledge our sinful nature and our shortcomings, so that we can become more Christlike and better image-bearers to those God brings into our lives. Finally, let's pray that we have open hearts, softened hearts in order to not condemn others. Ask God how you can help others instead of judging and walking away.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #sin #condemnation #guilt #shame #love

No comments:

Post a Comment