Monday, May 24, 2021

Let go, let God

 Image by SatyaPrem from Pixabay
Yesterday in our Women's Bible Study group we talked about Scripture as a "weapon" and that concept just really spoke to me. I thought about all of the times I've been able to reflect on Scripture whenever I've gone through a rough time. I may not have the actual words memorized and I especially can't quote chapter and verse, but enough of the Bible is sinking in now that I can think, "what does the Bible say about this situation?" and come up with an answer. From there I'm able to google it and come up with the exact passage.
     It's been helping me work through different things going on in my life like work stress, stress-stress, and other miscellaneous stress. It seems like so many people are feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and depressed, so if nothing else, I'm in good company.
     I was thinking since I'm officially on vacation this week, well, sort of on vacation...it's another staycation but I'm "on-call" for my job in case there's an emergency and someone absolutely has to have their project done right now...(do I sound bitter?) Anyway, I thought I would post the Bible verses and passages that I often turn to in the hopes that it might help others going through what I'm experiencing.
     As you've read here many times, this is my life verse:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

In other words, give it all up to God. Trust Him and know that He will take care of you. Let Him guide you, your words, and your actions.

*********
Please join me this week in praying for anyone who is going through a difficult time right now. It could be stress-related, anxiety, depression, overworked. If you don't know anyone going through a valley then pray for a co-worker or a family member or a neighbor who is struggling in some other way. Let's just lift each other up this week in prayer and through Scripture. Take all of our concerns for ourselves and for each other to the Lord. Whenever you're in a situation that you don't know how to handle (or even if you think you do know how to handle it ), then just stop what you're doing and pray. Praise Him for always hearing our prayers and answering them. Praise Him for His goodness, love, and grace.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #bibleverse #bible #scripture #overwhelmed #anxious #anxiety #depression #healing #encouragement




No comments:

Post a Comment