Friday, May 21, 2021

Journey and a scam

 

Words aren't really coming to me this morning "on topic" so I thought I'd just tell you about something that happened yesterday and see if the rabbit trail makes it back around to the main theme.
     I've been getting to know people on Twitter, mostly Christians. We praise God, share Bible verses, and lift each other up. Last week a woman reached out to me through Twitter's private messaging system, asking about my faith, about being saved. She is supposedly from Switzerland, and supposedly only has a few weeks to a few months to live. I was thrilled about this opportunity and shared my testimony with her.
     We wrote back and forth for several days, always talking about God and faith. She asked me to pray for her daily as well as people in other countries who are fighting Covid. Then, she asked me to email her because she was wanting to step away from Twitter. I was praying that she wouldn't ask me for money, that this wasn't all a scheme of some sort. Imagine my disappointment when I received an email from her that was obviously a form letter she has sent out countless times before, talking about "funds".
     Most people would just walk away at this point, but I feel compelled to find out more. How can someone try to scam others under the guise of loving Jesus? It sickens me. Then I think of all of the prosperity gospel "leaders" and I realize what their horrible example tells the world: 'it's okay to turn the gospel around for your own financial gain.'
     I let this really bring me down yesterday but today, I'm giving it up to God, asking Him to guide whatever words I use to respond to her. Circling back around from the rabbit trail...God put us here to build relationships with one another and to bring glory to Him. It's going to include meeting people who misrepresent His love and grace. We need to pray for them and love on them as well. This is our journey. This is our hallelujah.

Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens!
Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his excellent greatness!
Praise him with trumpet sound;
praise him with lute and harp!
Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!
Praise him with sounding cymbals;
praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!
Psalm 150:1-6 ESV


You may also like:
"Record Your Days" January 3, 2018

The Preacher spoke about this life and about time as a commodity, measured in days. He was speaking on Psalm 90 and suggested that we record each day as a means of numbering our days "that we may gain a heart of wisdom". This is my new project for the New Year. It will bring focus to accomplishing something each day, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, ...



"Seen or unseen" April 24, 2019 
I've read these verses several times over the years but still, this morning got something different from them. It probably has to do with reading scripture in light of what's happening in life at this moment. That's how we find answers to life's questions...




*********
Please join me this week in praying for the Church. Pray that we focus our attention on our purpose and goal in this life. Pray that we keep our eye on the prize. Everyone, every single person will live forever, will have eternal life, but it's where they will spend eternity that needs to motivate our action each and every day.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#ThisIsMyHallelujah #7thHourPrayerPower #eternallife #eternity #heaven #home #greatcommission #gospel #life #death #revival #church #purpose #spiritualgift #scam #socalledChristian #prosperitygospel

No comments:

Post a Comment