Monday, May 10, 2021

Mother's Day 2021

 
I was blessed to spend yesterday with my two daughters. We got Submarine House (yay, teezers!(basically, cheesy jalapeno poppers)) and watched Mulan. One of the main themes of the movie was devotion to family.
(While I realize that it highlights eastern religious beliefs, I appreciate the story and what it accomplishes.)
     Sometimes we need what is essentially a children's story to remind us of family values: honoring your father and mother, love and devotion between siblings, sacrifice for one another.
     Earlier that day, someone spoke in church about a woman who was estranged from both her mother and her children. He wondered what Mother's Day must look like, feel like to her. My heart just broke. My mother calls me multiple times a day. She worries about me constantly and stays involved in my life. My daughters and I have a special bond of not only mother-daughter, but also friendship, understanding, openness, love, and devotion. I can't imagine the heartbreak of not having such strong ties with these awesome women.
     If possible, mend any fences with family. If it is not possible; if the abuse or hurt is too much to overcome, then please pray for that family member.

Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching,
Proverbs 1:8 ESV


You may also like: "Happy Mother's Day 2017"










*********
Please join me this week in praying for family. Pray that relationships will be strengthened. Also, pray that families will work out any differences that they have and that they will build a bond that can withstand any tribulation.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #MothersDay #mother #daughters #family #love #honor #relationship


No comments:

Post a Comment