Monday, November 23, 2020

Praise God

 Image by lumix2004 from Pixabay

With everything looking so different this year, and Thanksgiving coming up this week, it's sometimes easy to get wrapped up in worldly "things." We have to remember that God is sovereign. Everything that happens works for the good of His plan. I can rest in knowing that He is in control. For that, I give thanks.
     In our women's life group this past week, a Sister in Christ brought up that it's not enough to give thanks. We should also praise God. I hadn't really thought about that before. I do thank Him often, but I rarely praise Him. He is worthy of our constant praise.
     So, I thought during this week of Thanksgiving that we would focus our prayer time in praising our Lord. I'll be sharing numerous Psalms this week because I feel like David does an excellent job of praising our Father and we can pray his words.
     Focusing on praise and thanksgiving this week instead of what earthly troubles we're experiencing will soften our hearts and lift our spirits. I hope that it will shine through us to non-believers and they'll want that peace that we have.

Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, 
that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
Hebrews 13:15 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praising God! Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! (Psalm 103:1 NKJV)

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #praise #God #worship #Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment