Thursday, November 12, 2020

Seek wisdom and understanding

Image by Gordon Johnson from Pixabay

I read through numerous bible verses every morning to find the one that speaks to me and also goes along with the topic of prayer for the week. Today's verse was like, "bam," smacking my forehead and saying, "Here I am."
     I have been struggling with my feelings for a long time, but it's been worse recently. So, I've been praying for help, for God to soften my heart, and to show me how I can see things differently. I've also been praying for Him to help me with my focus away from earthly matters, and back on Him.
     Last evening, during bible study, someone talked about when we distance ourselves from God, we need to almost start all over again at building that relationship. Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but getting back to that point where everything is about Him is a critical first step and I believe, the rest will follow. We build that relationship with Him through prayer and reading the Bible. That's where we find Him, so that's where we need to be.
     This verse is reassuring to me that I'm on the right track.

Making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
Proverbs 2:2-5 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the church. Let's pray for revival that our focus will be on things above. Pray for God's mercy and grace. Ask for guidance, patience, unity, faith, and a softened heart (if necessary). 

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #God #spiritual #Jesus #Heaven #focus #love


 

No comments:

Post a Comment