Monday, November 16, 2020

Pray for the elderly

 Image by Gundula Vogel from Pixabay

One of the most heart-breaking things during this pandemic was the separation from those in nursing homes, and their separation from us. I don't have first-hand knowledge or experience with this, but often thought about it and prayed about it. 
     My dad was in a nursing home for rehab after a partial hip replacement. My mom stayed with him most of the day every day and my brother and I went almost every day before or after work. I can't imagine if we hadn't been able to do that and I really can't imagine what that would have done to his mental and emotional state.
     What brought this up is a woman from my church is in the process of putting her dad into a nursing home. The procedure is complicated and time-consuming. Having to do this causes a range of emotions. But on top of all that, her dad won't be able to have visitors for the first two weeks while he quarantines. He suffers from dementia and she feels he's going to be confused and disoriented. It's weighing heavily on her.
     I'm not knocking the process; we're all making sacrifices during these unprecedented circumstances. It's just that my heart goes out to those most affected and most vulnerable. Let's pray for them this week.

Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life.
Proverbs 16:31 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the elderly. Let's pray for their spiritual, mental, and physical health. Let's pray for our patience and perseverance in dealing with any special needs they may have.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #elderly #nursinghome #quarantine


No comments:

Post a Comment