Thursday, November 19, 2020

Strength

 Image by Carole Henderson from Pixabay
I don't know which is more difficult, watching our parents age physically or mentally. I guess it depends on which is more predominant in their daily life. My dad never lost his mental clarity. He had a bought with 'hospital induced dementia' after his hip surgery, but that went away.
     Two days before he passed away, we were trying to decide what to watch on tv, almost arguing about it for some reason. I asked him what he wanted to watch and he said he didn't give a @#%& about what tv show we watched, that he was going to be dead in 48 hours anyway. That really put things into perspective.
     So, with my dad, it was most difficult watching his body deteriorate, especially toward the end when he couldn't take care of himself. He was stubborn, though. He'd rather spill his pop than have me help him hold his cup. (This drove my mother crazy, which maybe contributed to his willingness to let it spill, lol.)
     I don't really have a point with all of this. It's part of life. Today's bible verses have to do with strength, and that's what made me think of it.

Do not cast me off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength is spent.
Psalm 71:9 ESV

The glory of young men is their strength, but the splendor of old men is their gray hair.
Proverbs 20:29 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the elderly. Let's pray for their spiritual, mental, and physical health. Let's pray for our patience and perseverance in dealing with any special needs they may have.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #elderly #God #strength #parents

No comments:

Post a Comment