Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Religious freedom

Image by jplenio from Pixabay
Today is my first day back to work following a week (and a day)-long vacation. I so appreciate my staycations as a time to de-stress, catch up on my neverending to-do list, spend time with friends and family, and of course, the opportunity to sleep in. I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted to, but I guess I knew that going in. (Honestly, I was hoping this would naturally segue into the topic, but it's not happening, so abrupt change...)
     I am so thankful to live in this time and place in history. During these holidays where we actually stop and think about how we got here and the sacrifices that so many people made along the way, on our behalf, I think about our brothers and sisters who can't openly share their faith, those who are imprisoned and even killed because they profess their love for Jesus Christ, our Saviour. How blessed are we to be able to worship openly, to have Bibles in our language? 
     Religious freedom is something that we maybe take for granted, but it was one of the main reasons our ancestors came to this country. Now, I fear, people are throwing all of that away by leaving the church. From rotw.com:
60,000 churches or 20% of all churches in America, could close within the next 18 months. The COVID-19 pandemic will bring a fundamental change in the way Americans attend church. | Revival Outside the Walls Ministry

     Please add this to your prayers, that the Church will come together, that there will be a revival in this country, and that we will not throw away our freedom to worship the one and only true living God.

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
Isaiah 61:1 ESV

You may also like:
- "Respect and Honor" from November 13, 2018
- "Memorial Day 2019" from May 26, 2019

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the brave men and women who serve and have served in the military. Pray for them, their families. Pray for a day when there will be no more battles.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #bibleverse #bible #MemorialDay #freedom #soldiers #gratitude #remembrance #thankful #military

No comments:

Post a Comment