Friday, June 18, 2021

My writing process

 Image by tookapic from Pixabay

Every morning, as soon as I wake up, one of my first thoughts is what am I going to write? Most of the time, a thought comes to me right (unintended pun: write/right, lol) then. I quickly pour my coffee, sit down at my laptop, and away I go.
     Other times I have to go through several Bible verses before I find one that speaks to me. Then, once in a blue moon, no words seem to come at all. Those are the days that I feel kind of empty like the Holy Spirit stepped away and left me alone to fend for myself. 
     I know He didn't, but I think those days serve an important purpose. They remind me that my words come from Him, that I am dependant on Him, and that sometimes, I need to ask Him for help - even though He knows what I need.
     This isn't to say that my words are God-breathed, but I think it's safe to say (and hopefully doesn't come across as boastful in any way - I'm not perfect and am very aware of that) they are God-inspired. I trust that whatever I write, God will use it to reach at least one person. I trust that it will be the exact thing that someone needs to read today.
     The Holy Spirit lives within each of His children. If He is such an integral part of our being, shouldn't we take the time to build a relationship with Him? Study the Bible and get to know His character. Ask God to reveal His presence to you. 
     Maybe you read about my big God experience, but in case you missed it, you can read it here: Faith as a mustard seed.

Luke 12:12 speaks to me (and to you):
The Holy Spirit will give you the words to say at the moment when you need them. (The Voice)

 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.” (NKJV)

You may also like:
- "Using our spiritual gifts" (update on this: I'm still writing her story and all of the other people's stories that God has brought to me. It's taking a lot longer than I anticipated. Stay tuned, though.)
Or click here for all my posts about writing 

*********
Please join me this week in praising the Holy Spirit. Pray that those who consider themselves Christians yet bear no fruit come to question whether the Spirit is living within them. Let's pray that if they are not yet truly saved, they seek Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Let's pray that if they are saved, they grow in their faith and strive to become more Christlike. May we recognize those who are living on either cusp and offer them discipleship. Pray for words, encouragement, and guidance to help those who are lost. 

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe

#7thHourPrayerPower #bibleverse #bible #HolySpirit #Christian #amwriting #comfort #discipleship #wisdom #fruitofthespirit #bearfruit #amediting

No comments:

Post a Comment