Monday, June 14, 2021

The magnitude of the Holy Spirit

 Image by jplenio from Pixabay

What is your perception of the Holy Spirit? I picture Him as the "comforter" (John 14:25-26) who dwells within us. Since He dwells within each one of us (believers), I see Him as my size. It wasn't until we were discussing Romans yesterday in Women's Bible Study that I realized the breadth and magnitude of the Holy Spirit. I mean, I knew He was huge, Omni-everything like our Father and Jesus, but still, I pictured this more personal, scaled-down version, too. Then I read: 

"If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you."
Romans 8:11 ESV

     Think about that...the Holy Spirit who "raised Jesus from the dead" is the very same Holy Spirit who dwells within each of us and comforts us! Isn't that amazing?! I have no idea how many times I've read that passage, but I'm thankful that this time, it sank in. We as believers are so very blessed to have the Holy Spirit with us always. He comforts us, guides us, encourages us. He's that still small voice inside of us. What a blessing!

You may also like:

*********
Please join me this week in praising the Holy Spirit. Pray that those who consider themselves Christians yet bear no fruit come to question whether the Spirit is living within them. Let's pray that if they are not yet truly saved, they seek Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Let's pray that if they are saved, they grow in their faith and strive to become more Christlike. May we recognize those who are living on either cusp and offer them discipleship. Pray for words, encouragement, and guidance to help those who are lost. 

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #bibleverse #bible #HolySpirit #Christian #salvation #comfort #discipleship 

No comments:

Post a Comment