Monday, June 28, 2021

Are you a people pleaser?

 Image by Irina L from Pixabay  Smiling young well-dressed man giving a thumbs up. Agreeing pleasing
I don't know what I was doing yesterday that brought this to mind (well, yeah, I remember now--I'll talk about that later), but I feel like I'm always being judged by people. Maybe it's paranoia, or maybe I am being judged, who knows? Either way, I tend to react to those feelings instead of remaining true to myself, true to the person God created me to be.
     I want to change this about myself and have made great strides, but there's more work to do here. The most significant example is what I don't do and what I don't say because I fear the reaction I'll get. God has made it as easy as possible for me to talk about Him to others, yet there are still instances when I don't follow through because of that tinge of "fear". 
     We live in a country where we really don't know the full extent of being persecuted for our faith, yet we still fear sharing the gospel.
     This isn't just about sharing the gospel, either. It's about our priorities in this life. We're here to serve and love one another, but we are to please God, not man.

For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Galatians 1:10 ESV

You may also like:

*********
Please join me this week in praying for guidance from our loving Father. Let's ask Him what He wants us to do or say. Pray that in everything we do, we please Him. Let's also pray for friends and family who get too wrapped up in people-pleasing and deny what God would have them do. 

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe

#7thHourPrayerPower #bibleverse #bible #PeoplePleaser #ask #gospel #calling #supplication #judged #prayer #seekGod #serve

No comments:

Post a Comment