Tuesday, July 21, 2020

A journey


Image by DarkWorkX from Pixabay
We attended a prayer meeting Sunday evening for a friend of ours who is about to have a bone marrow transplant. You've prayed for him with us in the past as "D.A." This has been a long and difficult journey for him, his wife, their children, and grandchildren yet you wouldn't know it in speaking with them. 
     He and his wife shared about the outpouring of love they've felt from God. They always focus on the positive, how God has used this illness to introduce them to people they never would have met otherwise, people who they've shared the gospel with. They are vivid image-bearers for the Lord, always praising Him, giving Him the glory. Their love, hope, and confidence in the Lord is so evident and so inspiring; I'm moved to tears every time I think about it. They are my examples of what it means to be Christlike and to be image-bearers.
     A.A. (D.A.'s wife) shared with us the Bible verse that they cling to through this journey, and it resonates with me, that this is a verse I need to meditate on. It shows where their hearts are, and where all of us, I believe, as Christians need to be in order to truly share Christ with the world:
But I do not account my life of any value 
nor as precious to myself, 
if only I may finish my course and the 
ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, 
to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
Acts 20:24 ESV

Please pray for D.A. and A.A. throughout this procedure. 

*********
Please join me this week while we pray through scripture, meditate on scripture, filling our hearts and minds with love and gratitude. Pray that we find hope and peace in Jesus; that we focus on and do the will of our Father and that we live our lives emulating the characteristics of Christ so that others may seek Him.
 
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #bonemarrow #cancer #confidence #gratitude #hope #humility #journey #praise #prayer #scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment