Thursday, July 16, 2020

Open your eyes


Image by Pexels from Pixabay
When I've tried to outright share the gospel with an unbeliever, I've been met with anger and resentment (maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I'm praying about it). People resist hearing an opposing viewpoint. They believe what they believe and they don't want anyone to try to change their minds. 
     I've been told I'm "forcing" my beliefs on a certain person, or that I'm trying to change them because I don't accept them as they are. Their negative reactions affect me and even hinder my mission to the point where I don't take advantage of opportunities to share when they're presented to me.
     It isn't as awkward as it used to be. I've gotten better at subtleness, working God into conversations, testifying without being blatant about it (although those approaches work for other people, I've had to come up with ways that work with my personality and comfort zone). Through years of prayer for their salvation, I see God softening their hearts. (Thank you, Lord).
     What they don't seem to understand is that I do what I do and say what I say because I love them and want to spend eternity with them. The thought of anyone I know spending eternity in hell leaves me with a knot in my belly. Sometimes I just want to shout at them, "Open your eyes! Can't you see the evidence?" At the very least I don't understand why anyone wouldn't take the time to investigate. I mean, if I'm wrong and they're right, then we die and that's that, but if I'm right and they're wrong, they spend eternity, as in forever and ever, in hell.
     This is why I pray for those I love who aren't saved. I'm scared for their souls. I want them to share in the hope and love of Jesus Christ. I want them to feel how I feel being a part of the body of Christ.

To open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light 
and from the power of Satan to God, 
that they may receive forgiveness of sins and 
a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
Acts 26:18 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for our loved ones who are not yet saved. We so desperately want to all be reunited in Heaven, and God does not wish that any perish, so we need to intercede for the unbelievers in our life by praying fervently for their salvation. 
 
I'll post daily reminders on:

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible  #intercession #salvation #prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment