Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Joy, patience, prayer


Earlier this week I asked our Prayer Warriors to share a favorite Bible Verse that we can all pray as we spend this week praying Scripture. 
     Vicki wrote that she always ends her prayer requests with:
 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12
     She also shared, "This just seems to cover all things and such a great reminder to just be Joyful, Patient and Faithful praying to our Father as He has requested us to do! I always try to remember...."In His time!""
     I've written this on my planner for today as a reminder to not only pray this but do this. And, by praying this, I know the Lord will help me do this. 
     Joy doesn't always come easy. As I've shared before, I've been depressed often since March. During this week of praying and meditating on scripture, I'm making a conscious effort to feel better by focusing on God, spending more time in Scripture and in prayer. I've mentally started a gratitude journal (and hope to make a physical one soon) by counting my blessings, taking time to list what was good today. I've started listening to K-Love again on the way to and from work which does a world of good.
     Patience is not normally a virtue of mine. With God's help, I'm working on it, though.
     Finally, Prayer. I actually tend to pray less when I'm down which is absolutely the worse thing I could do, and it doesn't make any sense because I know how much better I feel after talking to the Father about whatever is going on with me and those I care for. Prayer is a gift from God. It is a 365/24/7 lifeline. He wants us to take everything to Him. He wants to be involved in our lives. 
     So, as you go through your day today, remember to:
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12 NIV

*********
Please join me this week while we pray through scripture, meditate on scripture, filling our hearts and minds with love and gratitude. Pray that we find hope and peace in Jesus; that we focus on and do the will of our Father and that we live our lives emulating the characteristics of Christ so that others may seek Him.
 
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #affliction #bible #faithful #hope #joy #patience #prayer #scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment