Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Virtual church


Image by annmariephotography from Pixabay
For those who are isolated due to the coronavirus, I pray that they have found ways to stay connected to other believers and to the word. Even though a lot of churches have begun meeting in person, several still offer live streaming for those who either can't attend or choose not to attend.
     I personally don't feel comfortable in settings where the majority of the people aren't wearing masks, even if all other CDC and WHO recommendations are being met, so I'm extremely thankful that our church is still streaming their services. It's a wonderful way to stay connected to my church family and see familiar faces each week. I stand when the congregation stands, and sit when they sit. I sing along with the praise team, clap my hands to the music when they clap. It's not exactly the same as being there but it's way better than skipping church altogether.
     Even though I don't consider myself "vulnerable", there are older people in my life who I visit regularly who I want to protect, so I choose to worship in this way. Last Sunday, I worshipped virtually with nearly 100 other believers in addition to the believers who were worshiping IRL during the live stream, and it made me feel like I was a part of the body of Christ.
     We're studying the Book of John right now, going through verse by verse, and learning what John is telling us about who Christ is. I encourage you to share this, especially with those who don't have a way to worship right now. This is the 3rd week of the study, so you can find the other 2 weeks on The Ridge's YouTube channel if you want to catch up.
Here's the link to the above video in case it doesn't work.

Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, 
but encouraging one another, 
and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. 
Hebrews 10:25 ESV

I want to encourage you to reach out to someone this week, or even someone each day. If you don't feel comfortable calling, or visiting (from a safe distance), send a text or email. Let's pray for those who are isolated and lonely that God may work through us and others to lift their spirits.

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are isolated and feeling lonely, depressed, and/or anxious due to being separated from others. Let's ask the Lord to fill their hearts with courage to seek out others, and determination to come up with solutions/ways to cope with their new normal. Pray that God uses us and others to lift their spirits and that the Holy Spirit works inside each of them and fills them with hope and peace.
 
I'll post daily reminders on:

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #depression #isolation #lonliness #prayer #OnlineChurch




No comments:

Post a Comment