Monday, July 13, 2020

Point to Christ


Image by Barbara Jackson from Pixabay

Last week I wrote that three people whom I knew, passed away suddenly from heart attacks. I found out Sunday that three more people who were either family or friends of my church family also passed away last week. I've never personally known of that many people to pass in such a short period of time and it rattled me. 
     Fortunately, I was blessed with the ability to attend church in person yesterday (you can read about my experience here) and my heart has been reignited and my attitude has been turned around. 
     Sunday's sermon was about John the Baptist and how his testimony influenced others and pointed to Jesus. God used John's testimony for His purposes. You know I'm all about sharing. It's one thing I can comfortably do to tell others about Jesus and what an impact He's made on my life. But, since the pandemic hit I've been struggling with a variety of things and haven't been as fervent or unceasing in my prayer life as I was before and I don't feel that I've been as engaged with others; just everything, actually ... spiritual, emotional, mental, physical - all aspects of my life have been "off" and it's time to get up, dust myself off, and get back to putting my whole self into God's work.
     First and foremost, that means saving souls. So this week I would like for us to each choose just one or two people in our lives who are not yet saved. Let's pray fervently for them, that God would choose them to seek Him. Then, let's also pray for everyone's prayer in our group here to be heard that God may also save them. Follow up your prayers with action, some way of sharing Christ with those you're praying for. That's not always easy, especially if they're our adult children who just don't want to hear it from us. But we can pray that God shows us the way.

Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved.
Romans 10:1 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for our loved ones who are not yet saved. We so desperately want to all be reunited in Heaven, and God does not wish that any perish, so we need to intercede for the unbelievers in our life by praying fervently for their salvation. 
 
I'll post daily reminders on:

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible  #intercession #salvation #prayer


No comments:

Post a Comment