Friday, August 7, 2020

Assurance of Forgiveness


This is the greatest gift of all. The only reason we have this assurance is that Jesus died for our sins. He bore the wrath of God for each one of us, pouring out His blood, and paid the price as the most perfect sacrificial Lamb. All He asks in return from us is: 

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:9-10 NKJV

Jesus laid down His life for us; an act of love like no other.
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
John 15:13 NKJV

Why would anyone refuse a gift such as this? It's a gift that comes with a promise of eternal life in Heaven. 
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
unrighteousness” 
I John 1:9 

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Luke 6:37 NIV

Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD." And you forgave the guilt of my sin.
Psalm 32:5 NIV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the unsaved that they may come to know the hope and assurance of a loving and merciful Father, of Christ Jesus who bore our sins on the cross that we may have eternal life. Pray for those who are fearful and anxious, that they may find peace and joy in Jesus. Pray for the lost that the Good Shepherd will call them to Him. And finally, pray for the opportunity, and then the words and encouragement to share our testimonies, our assurances as followers of Christ Jesus.
 
I'll post daily reminders on:
#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible  #5assurances #forgiveness #cross #Jesus  #gospel #heaven #sacrifice #sin

No comments:

Post a Comment