Monday, August 10, 2020

Mental disorders

 Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

This week I would like for us to pray for those who are struggling mentally and emotionally. I'll share my own struggles in these areas both past and present and I just ask that my family members don't share any of it with my mom.
     My entire adult life (from age 18 to this very moment and, most likely, far into the future) has been a constant struggle with depression and anxiety. My dad had both and my mom has both but she denies it vehemently. I was diagnosed with PTSD but consider myself "cured" from that. I've had debilitating panic attacks.
     According to WHO, approximately 450 million people suffer from some sort of mental disorder. Sometimes it's good to reaffirm that we aren't alone in our sufferings.
     Why am I sharing this? Because it's what God wants me to do. The subject has been weighing on me for several weeks but I kept using the excuse that there wasn't enough time to prepare. God found some extra time for me this weekend, so no more excuses.
     When I was looking for related bible verses, 2 Corinthians 12:9 really spoke to me. I admittedly have a hard time just outright sharing the gospel, but find it easy (or rather, easier) to testify to how Jesus works in my life. If I can bring Him glory by sharing my weaknesses and struggles, then I feel blessed to do it! He is my rock and my hope through everything.
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, 
for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” 
Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, 
that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV

More tomorrow.

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who suffer from any type of mental illness. Pray that they will find strength and hope and comfort in the Lord. Let's also pray that they seek earthly counsel and aid. 
 
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible  #depression #anxiety #testimony #Jesus #hope #help

No comments:

Post a Comment