Saturday, August 8, 2020

Assurance of Guidance

 Image by Jill Wellington from Pixabay

This is another one of my favorite assurances (they're all great)! I trust in it almost daily. The days I don't utilize this gift from God are definitely more troublesome than the days I do.

The best verse to give us this assurance (IMO) is my life verse:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.
Isaiah 30:21 NKJV

A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.
Proverbs 16:9 NKJV

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.
Psalm 32:8 NKJV

I don't remember if I read it somewhere or if it was part of a sermon, but the point was to make a practice of asking each morning for the Lord to guide your steps, actions, words; to ask that He use us to accomplish His will each day. If you think of it and/or feel up to the challenge, let's start our day off, right now with this prayer and see what happens.

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
James 1:5-6 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the unsaved that they may come to know the hope and assurance of a loving and merciful Father, of Christ Jesus who bore our sins on the cross that we may have eternal life. Pray for those who are fearful and anxious, that they may find peace and joy in Jesus. Pray for the lost that the Good Shepherd will call them to Him. And finally, pray for the opportunity, and then the words and encouragement to share our testimonies, our assurances as followers of Christ Jesus.
 
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible  #5assurances #guidance #God #Jesus #direction

No comments:

Post a Comment