Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Power

 
I feel like I need to explain because I don't think I've missed one day in over two years, although technically, I didn't miss today because it's still today, just 14+ hours later than usual ... I woke up at 5:30 this morning to the sound of silence. It's amazing how quiet everything is when the electricity goes out. That sudden shut-down of constant noise is jarring to me, especially when I'm sleeping because it's noise that helps me sleep. I have a sound machine that plays ocean sounds all night, plus two fans during the summer. And, for the first hour, while I'm falling asleep, I have an app on my phone that plays 1.5 Hz binaural beats for sleep.  Maybe it's to cover up the tinnitus that drives me crazy at times, or maybe it's a psychological attempt to drown out the world. Whatever the reason, when it's gone, I feel strange. And none of that has anything to do with anything. Except that, it's how my day started and it completely messed up my morning routine and to-do list. Plus, there was no coffee.
     Can you imagine waking up someplace where there wasn't any electricity ever? No coffee? No routine? It takes a very special person to give up everything they've known their entire life and move to another country, learn a new language, a new culture, build relationships and trust in order to take the Gospel to people who have never even heard of Jesus. But, when God calls His children to go "to the end of the earth", He gives them the power and trust and encouragement to do so. 

“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Acts 1:8

*********
Please join me this week in praying for our missionaries. Pray for their safety and for their ministry needs. Pray also for the people they are ministering to and those who are still unreached and unengaged.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible  #salvation #power #missionary #GreatCommission

No comments:

Post a Comment