Friday, July 23, 2021

Give it up to God

Sunset, dawn, nature, mountains, hills, sun beams through the clouds, Heaven. "I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2 Image by RÜŞTÜ BOZKUŞ from Pixabay

My experience has been that when I give my problems up to the Lord, my load seems lessened, my problems or worries seem smaller, more manageable. I'm able to think clearer.
     Someone posted this on Twitter yesterday and it kind of brought things into perspective:
"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday." Dale Carnegie 
     I tried to remember all of the things I've worried about this week and did any of them happen? Did my worries do anyone any good? The answer to both questions is "no."
     Then, I looked at what I've prayed for this week, and were any of them answered? Did my prayers do anyone any good? The answer to both questions is "yes."
     God is here for us. We need Him. We can't go this alone. Look to Him when you feel helpless. Lean on Him.

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;
    he who keeps you will not slumber.
Psalm 121:1-3 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are suffering, and those who feel helpless to do anything about it. Please pray that they keep their focus on God, that they don't waver in their faith. Pray that they find encouragement in the word and through prayer. Pray that they lean on their brothers and sisters in Christ who love them.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #bibleverse #bible #helpless #worry #trust #prayer #faith #love #suffering #pain #purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment