Thursday, July 1, 2021

Keep your focus on God

 Image by Luisella Planeta Leoni from Pixabay  A person holding a pair of binoculars, looking upward. Focus on God.
I've been writing this blog geared mostly to "7th Hour Prayer Power" for over 3-1/2 years, so there are going to be certain Bible verses that get mentioned multiple times. Those certain verses just seem to fit so many different situations. Isn't it amazing how God does that?
     The verse that I chose for today was Colossians 3:23 (ESV):
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,
to illustrate that even when we do have to please others (at work-work, for example) we can do the task as if we're doing it for the Lord. In this way, we will keep our focus on Him.
     It occurred to me that I've shared this verse recently, so I searched and it turns out I did three months ago:
On March 25, 2021 "Work heartily" - shared just the verse as part of our prayers for the unemployed.

On September 9, 2020 "Work heartily" - shared a post about going through lockdown and then being able to return to work.

     So I won't title this post "Work heartily", and it has nothing to do with being employed or not. Over the past two years, I've been more deliberate about focusing on God. A result of that is I'm becoming more burdened when I think or feel in un-Christlike ways. What I didn't expect was that it would draw me closer to Him. It has strengthened our relationship. I feel God's presence in a way I've never experienced before. It's both exciting and scary--the scary part is the added responsibility of doing what's right, or at least, attempting to.
     If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can ask me to explain further. You can also pray about it. Pray for God to bring you closer to Him. Tell Him that you want to please Him and then work heartily on that.

*********
Please join me this week in praying for guidance from our loving Father. Let's ask Him what He wants us to do or say. Pray that in everything we do, we please Him. Let's also pray for friends and family who get too wrapped up in people-pleasing and deny what God would have them do. 

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe

#7thHourPrayerPower #bibleverse #bible #PeoplePleaser #ask #gospel #calling #supplication #judged #prayer #seekGod #serve

No comments:

Post a Comment