Monday, July 12, 2021

Is it I?

 Image by VerSon from Pixabay Woman looking in a hand mirror. What am I capable of? Could it be me?

Yesterday during our Women's Bible Study it seemed like God was giving me all of these great ideas to write and pray about this week. During the church service, God seemed to give me even more ideas. Usually, there's just one thing that He says, "this is it," so I was getting really confused until close to the end of the sermon.
     The Pastor read Mark 14:19, a verse I've read many, many times, and always questioned, how could each disciple think it possible that Jesus was talking about him?
 
18 And as they were reclining at table and eating, Jesus said, “Truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me, one who is eating with me.” 
19 They began to be sorrowful and to say to him one after another, “Is it I?” 
Mark 14:18-19 ESV

     The Pastor said that the disciples were showing their humility. They knew that every man was/is capable of any transgression. It's our sinful nature. The disciples didn't put themselves above others. The Pastor asked, how likely would we be to question ourselves in a similar situation? Wouldn't we be more apt to point fingers at everyone else and assume it couldn't possibly be us?
     That's what stuck with me from yesterday. Every time I've read that passage over the years - that's the thing that didn't sit right with me. It didn't sit right because it's not how I would've reacted. I would have assumed it was anyone else but me. It sounds horrible to admit, but I'm being honest and transparent. What an eye-opener!
     So, what about you? How would you have responded to Jesus' announcement?


*********
Please join me this week in praying for guidance. Let's ask our Father to show us our sin, to show us where we're at fault and how we can make things better in our everyday interactions with others. Let's also pray for softened hearts, discernment, and wisdom in all situations. Pray that God helps us become more Christlike so that nonbelievers will see us and respond by seeking Him.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #bibleverse #bible #sin #humilty #question #blame #betrayal #wisdom #guidance #prayer 




No comments:

Post a Comment